Friday, September 25, 2009

Life Begins At 30

Well, I've hit the big 3-0, and surprisingly, it doesn't feel like the milestone I'd always thought it would be. Perhaps it's because I've already spent a lot of time contemplating the passage of time and where I was in life on previous birthdays (particularly the last few, on which 30 grew closer but had not yet arrived), or perhaps it's because I've matured enough that at this point the prospect of exiting my twenties no longer frightens me, but - that's how it felt - just another day that passed uneventfully. When I reflect back on my twenties, I see a decade that went really well on the whole, and left me with a wealth of experiences I will always recall fondly and deepened relationships with a great many friends and loved ones I will always cherish. I can't complain. And if the next decade is as happy as this one was, I will be truly blessed.

I had a five day vacation until Wednesday, and spent the majority of it hiking with my girlfriend and some friends in the fabulously beautiful Japanese Alps, which further distracted me from any sort of fretting about getting older. I will post pictures on Facebook and Flickr shortly (I hope). Please check my pages out if you wish to see them, and I'll be back to posting regularly shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment